Sunday, June 2, 2019

Day 1

Grid on day 1.
 An interesting day. As the grid assembled the weather looked to be cooking up nicely. The forecast was for "some over development later." I managed to score some time penalty at the start; everything was fine 500 metres from the line but I ran into some strong lift and was a bit slow to do anything about it as I was concentrating on all the gliders just outside my window.

The flight was OK, one or two transitions across the blue were a bit slow as I didn't connect with climbs at the right time so I was 15 mins or so off the pace. The last 40km were under the "over development." In fact it was a full blooded thunderstorm. I got hailed on but no damage apart from a few trashed tapes. Pete Temple lost a fair bit of paint around his canopy. Fortunately it was clear in the vicinity of the airfield so we were able to get in and have the gliders covered before all the weather arrived.

Possibly more of the same tomorrow. I'll have to work out how to go a bit faster.


Same view as above, 3 hours later

Graham
2 June

No comments:

Post a Comment